Meet The Island Cats
We’re 3 cats…
one orange, one black, one torbie…
living the GOOD LIFE on a not-so-tropical island!
Every Cat wants to be an Island Cat!
So what does it mean to be an Island Cat? There are 3 basic requirements:
You have to be a cat.
You have to live on an island.
And most importantly…
You have to be spoiled rotten.
Yep, we meet all these requirements!
Here’s everything you ever wanted to know about The Island Cats but were afraid to ask.
Hi! I’m Wally!
I talk in the color RED.
- Nicknames: W (dubba-ya), Wally-Cat, W-Cat
- Birthdate: I was born on June 16, 2003. My Mom brought me to my forever home on July 31, 2003.
- Weight: Just over 13 lbs.
- Bio: My Mom adopted me when I was a little baby-cat, only 6 weeks old. She wanted an orange cat and I was the only orange cat in a litter of 6. Lucky me!! Here’s a photo of me with all my brothers and sisters:
I’m the orange one, of course. 🙂
- Character: Yeah, I have lots!
- Worst Moment: When I smashed my tail in the door. I was about a year old. Don’t worry, it’s okay…I only cut it. Here’s a photo of me that show my tail after the doctor shaved the part that was injured:
Didn’t my tail look like a firecracker??
- Likes: Making biscuits on the bed.
- Dislikes: When my brother, Ernie, bothers me when I’m trying to sleep. I also don’t like Wabashes.
- Favorite Place: Wally World! When I was a little baby cat, my Mom and Dad kept me in a bedroom when they weren’t home. They called it “Wally World” from the Chevy Chase Summer Vacation movie (I know you saw it). They even put a sign on the door which remains to this day!
- Favorite Treat: Whipped cream…the kind in the can.
- Favorite Toy: Cat Dancer
- Favorite Game: Playing “mousie” with my Dad.
Hi! I’m Ernie!
I talk in the color PURPLE.
- Nicknames: Easy E, E-Cat, Ernie Cat, Bubbs
- Birthdate: I’m not sure of the exact day…I think I was born sometime in July 2005. But I consider my real birthday as the day my Mom brought me to my forever home — March 11, 2006.
- Weight: Just about 12 lbs.
- Bio: Mom adopted me when I was about 7 months old. I don’t remember much before that. They say I lived somewhere where they wouldn’t allow pets so I ended up in the shelter. (My Dad thinks I lived on the streets somewhere.) The shelter people were nice but I am so happy my Mom picked me!
- Character: Yes, my Mom and Dad say I’m quite a character! 😉
- Peculiar Marks: I’m a polydactyl. Which means I have extra toes…I have 7 toes on each of my front paws and 5 on each of my back feet. Mom says it makes me special.
- Name Story: My name at the shelter was Mister. Mom quickly changed it to Ernie. I’m named after Ernest Hemingway, the author. Besides his writings, he is famous for having polydactyl cats. In fact, Hemingway’s house in Key West, FL is now a historical site. And it is home to many polydactyl cats…some which are original decendants of Hemingway’s cats. (I’m such a smart cat!)
- Favorite Moment: When my Mom brought me home from the shelter.
- Likes: Feet…I don’t know why, I just do.
- Dislikes: The fact that people are afraid of black cats and are reluctant to adopt black cats because of superstitions. Black cats are wonderful! Just look at me!
- Favorite Activity: Playing chase with my brother, Wally.
- Favorite Food: I have allergies so Mom has to feed me special food. But that’s okay…I love it!
- Favorite Game: Knocking pens off the table and playing with them on the floor, even though it drives my Mom crazy.
My Name is Zoey.
I talk in the color BLUE.
- Nicknames: Sweet Pea, The Little Princess, Peanut, Z, Z-Cat
- Birthdate: I don’t remember when I was born. The V-E-T says it probably was sometime in late June or early July 2007. But I think my life really started when the nice guy and the lady with the yellow hair caught me. That was on February 16, 2008.
- Weight: A girl never tells her weight! 😉
- Bio: I don’t remember much of my early days. All I know is that I was living outside behind a big building. Which was scary because I was just a little cat. I had to hunt for my food…often in a dumpster. Sometimes the people from the building would give me food. It was okay until it started getting cold…and then snowy. The people built me a place to stay warm and sleep. Here’s a picture of where I stayed:
See all the snow???? Here’s a picture of the inside:
I was really scared when the nice guy
and the lady with the yellow hair caught me.
But I think that was the luckiest day of my life!!!
- Favorite Moment: When I became an Island Cat!
- Likes: Food, food and more food!!!
- Favorite Toy: Gray mousies!