Thanks for your interest in The Island Cats…Every Cat wants to be an Island Cat (because they really do, y’know). While we’re all about having fun and keeping our readers amused, there are a few things we need to mention in order to keep us legal.
We may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Name, email address and IP address when you leave a comment on our blog.
- When you leave a comment on our site, we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also your IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
- Comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
- An anonymized string created from your email address (also called a hash) may be provided to the Gravatar service to see if you are using it. After approval of your comment, your profile picture is visible to the public in the context of your comment.
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address, and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
- If you have left comments on our site, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal or security purposes.
- First name, last name, and email address through Feedburner, the service used to send our posts directly to a reader’s email. When you subscribe to this service, your information is stored on the service’s secured servers. We are not responsible for the actions of Feedburner.
- Any information that is inputted through Rafflecopter during giveaways. This includes the name and email address associated with the social media account used to log into the Rafflecopter widget and any information volunteered by the reader to earn entries.
We may use your personal information to:
- Send you posts via email.
- Notify you via email if you are the winner of a giveaway or contest.
We do not share, sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others. However, if you win a giveaway or contest, you will be asked for the information necessary to get your prize to you. This information may be transmitted to the 3rd party that is fulfilling the prize order.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit or access your information.
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, it will not affect your user experience.
We use Google Analytics. This program tracks reader demographics and how this website is used. It helps us to provide the best possible content and site updates. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Sponsored posts on this website may contain tracking links from the sponsors of the post. Typically, these tracking links only count the number of times a particular link was clicked on. We are not responsible for the use of the information collected by these links.
Occasionally, shortened links from Google or Bitly will be used on this website. These shortened links count the number of times the link has been clicked on.
- We will only promote or endorse a product or service that we think will be of interest or value to our readers.
- We won’t promote a product we haven’t tried ourselves or wouldn’t use ourselves.
- Any products or services we receive have been given to us free of charge and at no purrsonal cost.
- All reviews are our own opinions, and we can’t guarantee a positive review. We will provide our readers with a fair and honest assessment.
- Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
- All content on this blog may be used to promote products, services and affiliated businesses.
- We use “no follow” links in sponsored posts in accordance with Google
- We may include affiliate links to partner businesses that are relevant to our readers. We may not always identify every link as an affiliated link.
Images and content may not be used without written permission. Images on this website are either the property of The Island Cats, or the property of those who provided the images for us to use on this website, or were specifically purchased or obtained by us for use on this website. Please do not download or steal images from this website.
If you have any questions regarding any of our policies, please contact us at email@example.com.
These policies were last updated on May 24, 2018.