Y’know…one thing us kitties don’t like doing? Yakking up a hairball! That’s no fun at all!! And long-furred kitties like me are more likely to have hairballs. Not that short-furred kitties can’t get them, too. I’ve seen Ernie and that orange-stripey cat yak up a good one!
Hairballs are not good for us kitties. That’s why today, we’re teaming up with Romeo the Cat and the FURminator people to celebrate National Hairball Awareness Day and share information on how to prevent getting hairballs.
Here’s five tips from the FURminator people on how to prevent hairballs:
1. Regular Grooming: Ask your human to groom you regularly by using a grooming tool like the FURminator deLuxe deShedding Tool, which reduces shedding by nearly 90%.
2. Home Remedies: Ask for a little canned pumpkin mixed in with your stinky goodness once or twice a week. The fiber in the pumpkin can help move any hair clogs through your system.
3. Stay Hydrated: Make sure you drink lots of water. Tell your human to put several water bowls throughout the house. Water helps flush out the hair before it has time to clump in your stomach.
4. A New Menu: There are several specially formulated cat foods that aid in the fight against hairballs. You might want to ask your human to get you some. But of course, make sure your human asks your v-e-t before changing your diet drastically.
5. Ask Your V-e-t: If you have chronic hairball problems, have your human ask your v-e-t to recommend a laxative supplement to help prevent ingested hairs from forming hairballs. The lady with the yellow hair gives me some yummy tasting stuff in a tube a few times a week so I don’t get clogged up with hairballs.
I hope these tips help you in your fight against hairballs.
Now, to celebrate National Hairball Awareness Day, we’re having another giveaway! (We really like giving stuff away!!) The nice FURminator people gave us a FURminator deShedding Tool. But since we already have one, we’re gonna give it to one of our furiends. All you gotta do is leave us a comment telling us you want the FURminator and you’ll be entered into our random drawing. One entry per household or family…and everybuddy is eligible, even our furiends outside the U.S. We’ll announce the winner next week.
Okay…I gotta go get FURminated now!!