Hi everyone! The Island Cats’ Mom here. I was tagged by Fin’s mom, Meg, to do this fun Mom Meme. Wally, Ernie and Zoey have graciously allowed me to use their blog today so that I could play along. Here are the rules:
“Either (1) post 7 facts about yourself AND photos OR (2) post 10 facts about yourself with no photos, OR (3) post a childhood picture of yourself.” I’ve chosen to do both (1) and (3).
Here’s a picture of me when I was about 2 years old. The cats posted this picture of me before when they were participating in a dare, but I thought it was worth showing again.
Notice the backwards hat…I was a “hat-freak” as a child…always had to be wearing one…today, I don’t have that same passion for hats…I wonder why?
Now for those 7 facts about me…
1. I’ve lived in Michigan my entire life.
2. I graduated from Michigan State University a long time ago…longer than I care to admit!
3. I married when I was older…my husband and I have been married for 9 years now…our anniversary was July 12.
4. We ran off to Las Vegas to get married. My only requirement?? Elvis could not perform the ceremony!
5. Living in the Detroit area…yes, I work for one of the automobile companies, in the Legal department. Fortunately, I’ve kept my job so far…
6. My screen name is blkcatgal, not because I have a fondness for black cats, (which I do — just ask Ernie) but because I collect black cat things and, in particular, a certain type of decorative kitchenware that was popular in the 1950s made by a company named Shafford. I bought my first Shafford Black Cat teapot at an antiques show about 15 years ago and I’ve been collecting ever since. Here’s a picture of just part of my collection that I have displayed in my kitchen.
Wally, Ernie and Zoey want to do a post about my black cat collection sometime…maybe I’ll let them.
7. I want to learn to play the piano…that will give me the excuse to buy the baby grand that I’ve always wanted!
Now I’m supposed to tag some other moms. Let’s see…how about Laila and Minchie’s mom, Milo and Alfie’s mom, Tristan and Crikey’s mom and Tuck’s mom. Play along if you want…you’re under no obligation. But it is fun!
Sue The Island Cats Mom