Hi everybuddy. Zoey here. Remember our catnip planter? Let me refresh your memory in case you forgot.
Well…the other day, the lady with the yellow hair gave me some of that fresh nip. Lucky me!
And lemme tell you…it smells divine! *sniff sniff sniff sniff*
Before I get too carried away…I thought I’d shared some fun facts about catnip. Did you know…
- Catnip is an herb belonging to the mint family.
- It contains a chemical called nepetalactone, and it’s this chemical that makes cats go wild for it.
- Not all cats love catnip, which I find hard to believe because I love it! Sensitivity to nepetalatone is inherited and can affect cats in varying degrees.
- A cat’s reaction to catnip will depend on whether it sniffs it or eats it. Sniffing it usually causes a stimulant effect, while eating it has a sedative effect.
- Catnip is a natural pest repellent! I wonder if it will keep those boy cats away.
- Despite its drug-like effect on us cats, catnip is neither additive nor harmful to cats. So I can have as much as I want!
Now you’ll have to excuse me…I’ve got some nomming to do. Does your cat like catnip??