Hey everybuddy. Remember this from last week? Me eating on my Kittyblock? Well, a number of you asked about my pedestal food dish. So, let me tell you all about it.
A couple of years ago when the mom found out about my back issues, she thought it would be good for me to have a food dish that I didn’t hafta bend all the way over to eat from. She searched the innernets and found this cool dish called the Classy Pet Dish.
What makes it so great?
- The heavy durable ceramic construction makes these one piece raised dishes very stable. The pedestal weighs more than the dish, therefore they will not tip or slide with normal use.
- Made of stoneware, Classy Pet Dishes are dishwasher and microwave safe. They will not absorb food odors and harbor bacteria as plastic does, helping to prevent chin acne and mouth ulcers.
- They’re absolutely lead free, and the colors are airbrushed on giving the dishes an attractive dark to light shaded appearance.
- They are designed so the sides do not obstruct the pet’s vision or irritate sensitive whiskers while eating.
- The scoop shaped sides and turned in rims are another feature found only on Classy Pet Dishes. Both help keep contents contained, and make it much easier for pets to pick up their food without pushing it over the sides…especially older pets with few or no teeth to help them.
- The pedestal allows pets to sit or stand closer to their meals. Raised dishes also help prevent vomiting that is often caused by a reflex muscle in the throat that reacts when a pet lifts its head after eating from a level below its stomach. They’re great for cats with kidney issues like CRF who suffer from nausea.
- They’re easy to pick up and wash (wheelchair friendly), and they also take up much less space than wood or metal raised feeders.
- They’re purrfect for cats or small dogs.
The dish comes in several styles and colors. Mine is the dish designed for wet food. It’s about 5 ¼ inches high and 6 inches in diameter. It holds about a cup of food. There’s also a dish designed for dry food…though mine can handle dry food, too…and a dish designed for water…it’s deeper and has higher sides. There’s lots of colors to choose from, too…pink, gray, teal, blue, eggshell white, black and golden brown.
I LOVE eating my noms from this bowl. And y’know what? Wally has one, too! If you would like more information about the Classy Pet Dish, visit the website by clicking HERE. You can also find them on Amazon.com.
BUT WAIT…how would you like to win your very own Classy Pet Dish? You would, wouldn’t you? We contacted the Classy Pet Dish peoples and asked them if they would be willing to do a giveaway for our readers. And they said YES!
So here’s your chance! Just enter by using the Rafflecopter below. The winner will get his or her choice of color of a 5 inch or 6 inch Classy Pet Dish. The giveaway is available to those of you in the U.S. and Canada…so for those of you outside those areas and would like to enter, you can designate a furiend in the U.S. or Canada to get the prize if you win. The giveaway will run through Sunday, November 30, 2014. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: We didn’t get anything other than the opportunity to do a giveaway of a Classy Pet Dish when we did this review…and our opinions are all our own. In fact, this review was our own idea!