Wanna know why I’m smiling? It’s because today’s World Cat Day!
A day us cats celebrate what else?? Being cats!!
In celebration of World Cat Day, I wanna share some fun cats about us cats. Now I know you guys already know these, but it’s important to educate the humans out there who may not be as knowledgeable about us cats. So here we go!!
- Just like fingerprints, every cat’s nose pad is different.
- Many humans think us cats are color-blind, but we can see blues, reds and greens.
- Do cats dream? We sure do! In fact, kittens will start dreaming when they’re about one week old.
- When cats are happy, we squeeze our eyes shut.
- Cats can make over 100 vocal sounds while dogs can only make a measly 10.
- A cat’s brain is biologically more similar to a human brain than it is a dog’s. Both humans and cats have identical regions in our brains that are responsible for emotions.
- Us cats lose almost as much fluid in the saliva while grooming ourselves as we do through urination.
- Speaking of grooming, us cats spend about 1/3 of our lives grooming ourselves. I wonder how much time we spend peeing? 😉
- The domestic cat is the only species able to hold its tail vertically while walking. Wild cats hold their tails horizontally or tucked between their legs while walking.
- Researchers have tried making mouse-flavored cat food. The cats who tried it refused to eat it! I know I’d like to try it, wouldn’t you?
Hey! I think I learned a thing or two myself! Happy World Cat Day!!
Don’t forget to come back tomorrow for the 2012 Cat-O-Lympics Synchronized Snoozing Medal Ceremony!!