It’s National Hairball Awareness Day!
Hairballs are not good for us kitties. That’s why we’re once again teaming up with Romeo the Cat and the FURminator people to celebrate National Hairball Awareness Day and share information on how to prevent getting hairballs.
Here’s five tips from the FURminator people on how to prevent hairballs. I know I’ve told you these before, but they’re worth repeating.
1. Regular Grooming: Ask your human to groom you regularly by using a grooming tool like the FURminator deLuxe deShedding Tool, which reduces shedding by nearly 90%.
2. Home Remedies: Ask for a little canned pumpkin mixed in with your stinky goodness once or twice a week. The fiber in the pumpkin can help move any hair clogs through your system.
3. Stay Hydrated: Make sure you drink lots of water. Tell your human to put several water bowls throughout the house. Water helps flush out the hair before it has time to clump in your stomach.
4. A New Menu: There are several specially formulated cat foods that aid in the fight against hairballs. You might want to ask your human to get you some. But of course, make sure your human asks your v-e-t before changing your diet drastically.
5. Ask Your V-e-t: If you have chronic hairball problems, have your human ask your v-e-t to recommend a laxative supplement to help prevent ingested hairs from forming hairballs. The lady with the yellow hair gives me some yummy tasting stuff in a tube a couple of times a week so I don’t get clogged up with hairballs.
I hope these tips help you in your fight against hairballs!
Now, to celebrate National Hairball Awareness Day, we’re having a giveaway! Do you wanna win your very own FURminator deShedding Tool? All you gotta do is let us know in the comments that you want the FURminator and you’ll be entered into our random drawing. One entry per household or family…and everybuddy is eligible, even our furiends outside the U.S. We’ll announce the winner on Monday. Good luck!
The FURminator people have announced the winner of the Celebrity Fur Creature contest! Congratulations to Stephanie from Catsparella and her winning entry…Katy Purry!! $1000 will go to the Sayreville Pet Adoption Center, Stephanie’s chosen pet charity!