posted by Wally & Ernie on Jan 14
::lickity lickity lickity::
Jeez, Wally…enough with the washing!
I’m trying to sleep here!
But Ernie…I gotta look good!
We got a new award…in fact, we got it three times…
We’re The Next Big Thing!
Wally, with the way you’ve been eating lately…
chowing all your food down and then stealing mine…
the only Next Big Thing around this house is
We wanna thank Basil the Bionic Cat,
all the kitties at Twinkletoe Tails and Loupi
for giving us this fun award!
If you haven’t gotten it yet…take it!
You’re The Next Big Thing!
(and I don’t mean like Wally! )
posted by Wally & Ernie on Nov 26
Hey kitties! Wally here. The other day our good furiend, King Spitty, bestowed this cool award on us Island Cats…The Blog of the Year Award! Thanks, Spitty! We lubs you, too!
Now we admit, we haven’t been too good lately about posting awards and passing them on. It’s not OUR fault, though…it’s the lousy assistant we have (yeah…that’s you, mom!). By the time she thinks about helping us post about them, she’s forgotten what awards we got and who gave them to us. Well, it’s not OUR job to remember that stuff. She gets a big FAIL for that, doesn’t she, Ernie?
Yeah, Wally, sometimes she’s useless. I can’t believe we actually got her to post about this one. It’s probably because the rules are pretty simple and she can’t screw them up: You can get this award up to 6 times so you fill up all the star spaces. Since we got it once so far, only one star is lit up. You must pass it back to whoever passed it to you…so we send it to back to Spitty and he gets another star! Then you can pass it on to as many others as you want. So we’re passing it on to these furiends:
You’re under no obligation to play along…but this award is easy to share…so have fun with it!
posted by Zoey on Nov 9
Hey, everybuddy! I’m so excited! The other day, one of my bestest girlfuriend’s, Katie Isabella, gave ME an award! Just ME…and not those silly boycats that live here! Thank you, Katie!!
For this award, I’m supposed to tell 7 things about me. Well, I think most of you already know lots about me, but I’ll try to come up with some different stuff.
I like to play with my tail. It’s one of my favorite toys.
And there’s no better place to play with my tail than on the cat tree. I love doing flips and seeing how many times I can grab my tail!
I love to sleep under the comforter on the bed. The lady with the yellow hair says I’m gonna suffocate under there!
I have no interest in going outside. Must be because I spent my early days out there and I’ve had enough!
I like laying on the guy’s jeans…’specially if he’s wearing them.
I love getting brushed. When the brush comes out…I come a’ running!
But I hate getting my nails clipped. I fight “toof and nail” and I throw in some bunny kicks too, trying to stop the clipping!
Now, I’m supposed to pass this award on to 7 of my furiends. Well, I’m so happy that I got this award all to myself, I’m passing it on to everybuddy…’cept those boycats that live here!!
posted by Wally, Ernie & Zoey on Sep 4
We received The Addictive Blog Award from some new kitties we met the other day…Hemingway and Shakespeare! Thanks, guys! If you haven’t met these two yet, why dontcha go on over and say hello??
The rules for this award are pretty simple:
Thank the one awarding you
Share a little about why you blog and how the journey started
Paste the award on your blog
Nominate 10 other blogs you are addicted to and let them know you gave them the award
We started blogging almost 5 years ago in December 2007. The mom always wanted a website where she could post “cute pictures” of us, but she’s technologically challenged and didn’t know where to begin. So for Christmas, the dad-guy, as a surprise for the mom, had a couple of techy guys set up this blog for her.
At first, the mom thought it was gonna be HER blog…that she would post pictures of us and tell stories about us and other cat stuff. In fact, if you go back through some of our early archives, you’ll see posts that the mom did. But then she let us do a couple of posts ourselves. And we LOVED blogging! And then we found the Cat Blogosphere and met lots of other cats that blogged, too. So we hi-jacked the blog away from the mom and the rest…as they say…is history!
Now we’re supposed to give this award to 10 bloggers whose blogs we’re addicted to. Well, y’know what? We’re addicted to WAY more than 10 blogs and we can’t choose. So here’s what we’re gonna do. We’re giving this award to the first 10 bloggers that leave a comment here on our post. Congratulations! We hope you’re as addicted to us as we are to you!!
Hey…is there a 12 step program for bloggers??
posted by Ernie on Jan 19
Hey! It’s me…Ernie! The other day, our furiends from Holland, Lars and Odin over at Bengal Business, gave us this great award that they created.
When we first saw it, we thought that it was supposed to say LIFE and that Lars and Odin made a BIG typo! But they told us that the award really does say LIEF which means SWEET in Dutch! Aw, thanks for the award, guys! We think you’re really sweet for giving it to us! If you haven’t met Lars and Odin yet, go on over and say hello!!
Lars and Odin asked that we pass this award on to 3 deserving bloggers. This is really hard to do because we think all our blogging furiends deserve this sweet award! But, we did our best to choose 3.
We give this award to…
Truffle and Brulee - These two girlcats are just the sweetest and they make their Mom Paula very happy!
Penelope and Kozmo – We know these Cats from Hell try to put on a tough act, but deep down, they’re pretty sweet!
And last but not least, Katie Isabella, the newest sweetie in the Cat Blogosphere! Katie is temporarily using her angel sister, Admiral Hestorb’s blog until she gets one of her own. Welcome, Katie! We look forward to getting to know you better!!
Enjoy your award! And remember to pass it on to 3 more deserving…and sweet…bloggers!!
posted by Wally, Ernie & Zoey on Aug 9
♫ You are the sunshine of our lives! ♫
The other day, we got this great award from our furiends, Simba and Audrey. Thanks! To accept this award, we gotta answer 10 questions. Well, since there are 3 of us, we’re gonna split them up between us. Here goes…
Since I’m the oldest, I go first…and I get to answer 4 of them!!
My favorite color? Red…with orange coming in a close second!
My favorite animal? Cats, of course! Though I don’t think of myself as a animal!
My favorite number? The number 1…around here, I’m #1!
My favorite non-alcoholic drink? I love me some chicken juice!
Okay, Ernie…now you get to answer the next 3!
Social Media? Well, yeah…we’re quite the social cats. We blog, we’re on Twitter (even though we don’t tweet much) and we even have our very own Facebook page!!
My passion? Trying to get into the room-down-below! I’m right there everty time that door opens! I love to explore all the fun stuff down there!!
Giving or getting presents? Oh, I like getting presents! Who doesn’t??
Zoey…it’s your turn!!
Why do I always hafta go last?? Hrrmmpff!!
My favorite pattern? Stripes, of course! I’ve got some!!
My favorite day of the week? Friday!! It’s the one day I get to blog all by myself!!
My favorite flower? I don’t get many flowers because I probably would eat them, but I like the way roses smell.
That was fun! We’re supposed to pass this on to 9 others. So, the first 9 to leave comments get this sunny award!!
posted by Wally, Ernie & Zoey on Feb 10
Hi, everybuddy! Wally here!! We’re a little late in posting about the Stylish Blogger Award we got from some new furiends, Luscious Lucy and Sam from A Tale of 2 Kitties and Caro from Carolyon.
But better late than never! Thanks, guys!!
The rules for this award say that we need to tell you 7 things about us. We’re gonna split them up between the 3 of us. I’m doing the first 3! Here goes!!
1. I’m not much on peoples foods. I rarely bother mom and dad-guy for their foods when they’re eating.
2. But the one peoples foods I do love is whipped cream!! The kind in the can!!
3. I can hear a window opening in our house from a mile away. Even if I’m sound asleep, if someone opens a window, I am sitting in it in 2 seconds flat! Unfortunately, at this time of year, a window never gets opened.
Okay, Ernie! Your turn!!
4. I like to sleep on the sofa table under the lamp. But only if the light is on. I like doing a little lamp-bathing.
5. I like to sit on mom’s lap when she helps us with our blogging. She says that I get in the way sometimes causing her to make lots of typing mistakes. So if you see some mistakes in our blog or comments, it’s probably because I was sitting on mom’s lap at the time.
Okay, Zoey…you’re up!!
6. I like to chew string which gets me in trouble sometimes. The worst time was when I ate about 12 inches of string which made the lady with the yellow really worried and she dragged me to the v-e-t. But I was lucky and everything came out okay in the end…if you catch my drift…heehee!! If you want to read more about my Big Scare, click HERE.
7. I like laying on the guy’s blue jeans. ‘Specially ones that he’s already worn. He folds them up and puts them on the floor for me. They smell good…to me.
We’re supposed to pass this award onto 7 other bloggers. Most of you already have it, but if you don’t, please take it and let us know 7 things about you!!
posted by Wally, Ernie & Zoey on Aug 26
A couple of weeks ago, we received this award from some new furiends of ours…Lu-Lu and Lucius. If you haven’t met these two kitties yet, you should go over and say hello!!
Thanks, Lu-Lu and Lucius!! Sorry it’s taken us so long to publicly thank you, but our assistant (mom!) has been kinda slow lately. Good help is so hard to find these days!!
We know there’s some rules for this award, but since it’s Scafflaw/Scofflaw Week, we’re not gonna follow them. Yeah, we’re rebels!! But we do wanna pass this award on to anybuddy who doesn’t have it yet!! Please take it and enjoy!!!
posted by Ernie on May 30
My furiend, Jadzia, gave me — just me
and not those other Island Cats — this cool award!!
The rules for this award say I gotta tell you 9 things about me. Some of these things you may already know…other things might be new. Here goes!!
1. I gots extra toes on all my feets!! I gots 7 toes on each of my front feets and 5 on each of my back feets.
2. When I was at the shelter, before I was adopted by my mom, my name was Mister. After I was adopted, my mom changed my name to Ernie. I like Ernie better!!
3. I like to chew things…which gets me in big trouble sometimes. Like when I chewed the TV cord. I got in BIG trouble for that one!!
4. I love unrolling the toilet paper and the paper towels and pulling the kleenex out of the box. Which also gets me in BIG trouble. Guess I really earned my Naughty Kitty Club badge!!
5. My furs are all black ‘cept for a few little white furs on my belly. If you look at my picture, you can see those white furs. (Do you think I should get those dyed??)
6. Out of us Island Cats, I’m the cuddler. I love curling up and sleeping with my mom.
7. My nicknames are Easy E, E-Cat and Bubbs…I don’t know where Bubbs came from but mom says it fits me!!
8. My favorite game is knocking a pen off the counter and then rolling it all over the floor!
9. After taking care of “business” in the litter box, I run around the house like crazy!! Everyone better get out of my way!!
I hope you enjoyed learning some more about me.
I wanna share this award with ALL my fellow House Panthers…like Cory and Huffle and Hendrix and Pixie and Mickey, just to name a few!!